We are excited to announce that the 2020-2021 competition for the Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program is now open! The Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program offers teaching, research and combination teaching/research awards in over 130 countries for the 2020-2021 academic year. Opportunities are available for college and university faculty and administrators as well as for professionals, artists, journalists, scientists, lawyers, independent scholars and many others. The application deadline for most awards is September 16th, 2019.
Explore award opportunities by using our Catalog of Awards. Highlights from the over 450 awards offered in this year’s competition include:
Postdoctoral and Early Career Awards
Fulbright presents excellent opportunities for recently minted scholars to deepen their expertise, acquire new skills, work with additional resources and make connections with others in their fields, all while serving as cultural ambassadors. Postdoctoral awards are available in all fields of study, from STEM, to the arts, humanities and social sciences.
Several countries have added new awards for the 2020-2021 competition:
- The Iceland-Greece Joint Award on Economic Crisis Management is a six month research grant (three months in Iceland, three months in Greece) focused on macroeconomics, public policy, international relations, and other related disciplines.
- The Central Asia region is offering two grants for Teaching English as a Foreign Language at the undergraduate and graduate level, as well as training English teachers and faculty. Scholars will have the opportunity to conduct workshops to build assessment capacity and assist with curriculum development.
- Romania seeks experts in Media Literacy and Cybersecurity to teach and/or research at select institutions across the country for three to five months.
- Fulbright Canada Research Chairs are targeted, specialized opportunities for scholars to be part of a host faculty. The Fulbright Canada Chairs will conduct their own research, work collaboratively with new colleagues, engage with students, and become involved in the local community.
- The Fulbright Postdoctoral Fellowship at Ben-Gurion University of the Negev offers three grants to support research in any discipline at one of Israel’s leading research universities.
Find out more about the 2020-2021 Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program competition by joining our webinar on Wednesday, February 6, or joining one of our upcoming webinars or virtual advising sessions. You may also be interested in reading our latest blog post, 9 Things You Can Do Now to Prepare for the Next Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program Competition.