Assistant Professor (Tenure-Track)
Department of English
The Department of English seeks a tenure track Assistant Professor in Multi-Ethnic American literature and cultural studies with a focus on Latina/o/x literary studies preferred. The appointment begins August 2020.
1. The teaching load is 18-credits (3/3) with opportunities for research support.
2. The candidate will be expected to develop and teach a range of undergraduate literature courses, from lower-level surveys to upper-level seminars, and within their specialized fields.
3. The successful candidate will have opportunities to collaborate with Adelphi faculty in the development of such interdisciplinary studies programs as Latin American Studies, Gender Studies, Asian Studies, or African, Black and Caribbean Studies.
4. We strongly encourage applicants with a specific theoretical research agenda and who can also develop and teach new and existing courses within our “Critical Perspectives” category of upper-division electives. (See course listings at https://english.adelphi.edu/
1. Applicants who can demonstrate experience working with students from diverse populations, particularly students from historically underrepresented groups.
2. PhD required by August 1, 2020.
1. Submit a letter of application, c.v., a one-page statement of teaching philosophy, a one-page diversity statement, and a 15-25 page writing sample.
2. To be considered, applications must be submitted through https://apptrkr.com/1617607
3. Applications received by October 20 are assured consideration, but applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interviews will be conducted in December via video conferencing.