(1) PhD in African American history or related field (e.g. African American studies);
(2) A track record of research and teaching related to African American history;
(3) A record of or demonstrated potential for success in leading, developing or managing an academic program.
To be eligible for hire at the associate professor rank, the candidate must meet the requirements for the rank as established by the University and the Department of History, including an active research agenda with a record of scholarship that complements the strengths of the department. The successful candidate will receive the appropriate rank and title based upon University and Department established guidelines.
(1) Working and building relationships across disciplines, centers, departments or units;
(2) Community engagement in research, teaching or service:
(3) Research and/or teaching in African Diaspora studies.
Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered, https://jobs.hr.
To ensure full consideration, please submit the materials listed below before February 1, 2019: (1) a cover letter, (2) current curriculum vitae, (3) a statement on research, (4) an article-length writing sample, and (5) three letters of recommendation.
Note that as part of our application process, we are requesting 3 letters of reference. Please provide the names and email addresses for your references in the Reference Letter section of the employment application. Upon submission of your application, an automated email will be generated and sent to your references with instructions on how to attach the reference letter to your application through a confidential online portal.