- This event has passed.
America250’s Community Conversation: Latino, Hispanic, and Chicano Communities
January 19 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm EST
¡Hola! America250 is kicking off the new year with a Community Conversation with members of Latino, Hispanic, and Chicano communities.
January 19, 2022
This event will be held online.
Communities across the United States and around the world are coming together to share their hopes for the semiquincentennial, explore the experience of communities in the United States, and guide America250’s mission of being the most inclusive commemoration, and celebration, in our nation’s history. These sessions are nonpartisan and will be held regularly through 2026, giving panelists and participants the opportunity to speak into and shape the America250 commemoration.
- Major General Alfred Valenzuela (Ret.), United States Army and co-chair of the Veterans, Military, & Family Members America250 Advisory Council
- María Carla Chicuén, Founding Executive Director, CasaCuba at Florida International University
- Mary Ann Gomez Orta, President and CEO of the Congressional Hispanic Leadership Institute
- Patricia Mota, CEO of the Hispanic Alliance for Career Enhancement
- Omar Eaton-Martínez, Assistant Division Chief, Historic Resources, Natural and Historical Resource Division, Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission, Department of Parks and Recreation, Prince George’s County, Maryland