CALL FOR PROPOSALS: CSAAD-ASWAD Medial Meeting May 2-3, 2019
Black Internationalism and New York City
This conference seeks to promote mechanisms by which academics, activists, policymakers, and other stakeholders enter into greater dialogue and collaboration in areas of conjoined interest. In partnership with the Association for the Study of the Worldwide African Diaspora (ASWAD) – for which NYU serves as the institutional home – NYU’s Center for the Study of Africa and the African Diaspora (CSAAD) will convene every two years, alternating with ASWAD’s biennial conference. (ASWAD’s 10th Biennial Conference will be held from 5-10 November, 2019 at the College of William & Mary. For more information, please consult the website: http://aswadiaspora.
We welcome Scholarship and Presen
– Women and Gender in Internationalist Formations
– Marxism and the Black Experience
– Interrogating Heteronormativity/Queering Transnational Space
– New York as an African City
– Afro-Latinx Movements
– The Place of Haiti
– Federation in the Caribbean
– Reparations and Repatriations
– Universities in Africa and the Diaspora
– The African Union and the Sixth Region
– The Role of the United Nations
– Black Lives Matter in the U.S. and the World
– Community Organization and Activism
– Global, Regional, National, and Local Politics
Proposals should be 1-2pp in length. Please send all proposals – as attachments – to email@example.com by January 14, 2019. January 25, 2019.
All inquiries may be sent to the same email address.
The Washington Square Hotel has set aside rooms for the conference at a special rate; to secure this special rate, reservations need to be made before March 6, 2019, after which the hotel will release the rooms. Location: Washington Square Hotel, 103 Waverly Place, New York, NY, 10011. Telephone: 212-777-9515 https://