The American Association for State and Local History will present its 2020 Annual Meeting in Las Vegas, Nevada, September 23-26.
Deadline for session proposals is December 9.
What Kind of Ancestor Will You Be?
Our sector should strive to be the types of ancestors that changed the course of history by how they stewarded it. What will historians, history professionals, and history lovers say about us? Will they say that our generation was the one to lift the veil of division? Will they say that our generation focused on community interpretation that emphasized bringing proximity to differences as opposed to isolation?
This question serves as our theme for the 2020 Annual Meeting in Las Vegas. In the spirit of this theme, the Program Committee seeks proposals that:
• Challenge the single narrative in interpretation, education, public programs, and exhibition development.
• Demonstrate internal organizational strategies that increase equitable practices through cultural
• Centralize issues that have been on the margins of our field to help our audiences see the
humanity in one another.
• Decrease traditional methods of engagement and increase decolonized practices across
• Embolden our members to utilize public history as a tool that informs the conscious of many communities.
The deadline to submit session proposals is December 9.
Read the session guidelines and learn how to submit your session proposal at aaslh.org/2020annualmeeting.