The School of Arts and Sciences invites applications for a full-time Assistant Professor of History, non-tenure track, within the Department of Social Sciences. Pending budget approval, this appointment is expected to begin August 1, 2017. This position is an academic year (10 month) appointment. This position entails teaching a 5/5 course load.
Successful candidates will teach both halves of the U.S. History Survey (U.S. History to 1865 and U.S. History Since 1865), and survey courses in World History. The ideal candidate will have a background in Latin American history and will have the ability to teach upper-division courses in that field in service to a B.A. in American Studies. In addition, the applicant may have the opportunity to teach upper division courses in their area of specialization as needed.
The candidate will be expected to have a commitment to excellence in teaching, to professional development, and to serving students in a collegiate setting. The candidate will be expected to work cooperatively with others and be willing to teach both day and evening courses at the Brunswick campus or Camden Center location as needed.
Minimum Qualifications and Training:
- ABD or Ph.D. in History
- Experience teaching undergraduate courses in history
Preferred Qualifications and Training:
- Experience teaching undergraduate, introductory history courses in American history and World history
- A background in Latin American history and the ability to teach courses in that field
- Ability to teach online courses, hybrid courses, and service-learning courses
- Commitment to excellence in teaching