El Dorado, Arkansas
The South Arkansas Historical Preservation Society is a 501c3 Non-Profit organization located in El Dorado, Arkansas. The Historical Society maintains a campus of eight buildings with three of those buildings open to the public for exhibition purpose. Our most important structure is the historic Greek Revival Newton House Museum built in 1849. As the only antebellum home open to the public in El Dorado, it offers a glimpse into the rich history of southern Arkansas. Other public facilities include the Gallery of History, which is a 2,800 sq. ft. exhibition space opened in May 2018 and a 3,000 sq. ft. archival storage building.
In partnership with the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will lead the South Arkansas Historical Preservation Society in fulfilling its mission. Key aspects of this position will be fundraising, awareness, strategic planning, budgeting and operational oversite. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in developing a compelling strategic vision for an organization and building the financial and ideological support for its implementation working closely with the Board of Directors, staff, volunteers and the broader community.
- Provide strategic leadership in implementing the mission and goals of the SAHPS
- Increase and diversify financial support from individual donors, foundations, corporations and government
- Build strategic partnerships and collaborations with a wide range of constituencies
- Provide management and oversite of all SAHPS activities
- Provide innovative and creative techniques to grow the organization and have a meaningful and lasting impression on the community
- Lead and develop the SAHPS staff, volunteers and programs to ensure that the strategic objectives of the organization are clear and attained in a fiscally responsible manner
- Serves as an effective business partner to the board, developing business plans as well as annual budgets for operations and/or capital projects.
Education and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in nonprofit museum leadership with proven results in strategic planning, organizational development and funding development