History, Assistant Professor R19159
Bellevue College (Bellevue, WA) is seeking qualified candidates to fill a full-time tenure-track faculty position in History department. Application received by 02/03/2020 will receive full consideration. Applications received after that date may be considered until position is filled. This position will begin Fall Quarter, 2020.
The successful candidate should be prepared to teach three 5-credit U.S. History courses per quarter. Bellevue College offers three 100-level survey courses in U.S. History: Colonial America, Nineteenth Century United States, and Twentieth Century United States. Depending upon enrollment demands, may include teaching a specialized 100-level or 200-level U.S. History course (such as African American History, History of U.S. Immigration) or a 100-level survey course in World History (Ancient World, The Middle Ages, Contemporary World). The ability to develop and teach potential courses about the multicultural history of the U.S. is highly desirable. Additional responsibilities include advising students, curriculum development, and performing departmental and college service. Diverse candidates dedicated to student success at the community college level are encouraged to apply.
• Master’s degree in History or related discipline from an accredited institution
• Experience teaching a college-level United States History survey course (e.g. Colonial America, Nineteenth Century United States, Twentieth Century United States)
• Demonstrated ability to connect and build relationships with students and colleagues from varied ethnicities, gender identities, ages, backgrounds, learning styles, and abilities
• Demonstrated commitment to community college mission and student population
• Positive results data from student or supervisor evaluations
To review full position announcement and application instructions:
Bellevue College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran. We are committed to increasing cultural diversity among staff and faculty. Applicants with multicultural experience and/or backgrounds, which will add richness and diversity to Bellevue College, are encouraged to apply.