Apply to participate in the History Leadership Institute
Deadline to apply is December 15, 2019.
The History Leadership Institute (HLI) is a four-week professional development seminar for mid- and advanced-career professionals at history organizations of all types and sizes. Over four weeks, a cohort of eighteen Associates dive deep into a broad range of current and future national issues facing the history and museum field, including purpose, relevance, impact, decolonization, community engagement, equity and access, facilitating change, and much, much more.
HLI consists of two weeks online and two weeks in residence at the Indiana Historical Society in Indianapolis, Indiana. The program is led by director Max A. van Balgooy, president of Engaging Places.
- Program Dates: June 1–13, 2020 (online); June 14–27, 2020 (residential)
- Location: Indiana Historical Society, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Lodging: Associates will be housed in 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom suites at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis.
- Cost: $3,500/person, including tuition and lodging. Scholarships: Two full-cost scholarships are available.
- Application deadline: December 15, 2019.