The Division of Education Programs is designed to strengthen sustained, thoughtful study of the humanities at all levels of education through grants to educational institutions. Under the supervision of the Deputy Director, the incumbent works with potential applicants in the development of proposals, helps to carry out the evaluation of applications, and participates in administrative, financial, program policy, and other matters for the division.
- Reviews grants and assesses eligibility and consistency with Endowment policy.
- Arranges for review and evaluation of grant proposals by peer review panelists.
- Presents Division policies, procedures, and funding recommendations orally and in writing to internal and external audiences.
- Represents the division at professional meetings.
- Promotes the work of the Division and larger goals of the Endowment to outside constituents.
- Works collaboratively with other Division staff members to accomplish these duties.
- Conducts site visits to promote the division’s programs and to evaluate the accomplishments of the current projects it supports.