CyraCom is the leading provider of language interpreting services and employs thousands of interpreters – more than the United Nations. Whether in-person or via phone, video, mobile app, or written text, CyraCom bridges communication gaps for organizations that need rapid access language assistance. The Company supports hundreds of languages and operates 24/7. CyraCom impacts the lives of millions by connecting those with limited English proficiency to essential services – healthcare, 9-1-1, finance, and more.
An Independent Contractor Interpreter is responsible for facilitating interpretation sessions in a professional, focused manner and utilizing the necessary equipment to provide accurate and complete interpretation.
Interpreters must possess and maintain a high level of skill, proficiency, and professionalism in interpreting. Due to the sensitive nature of much of the information processed during an interpretation session, a high degree of integrity and confidentiality must be maintained at all times.
- Be flexible: make your own schedule and hours
- No commute: work from home
- Communicate accurately in two languages
- Facilitate many kinds of conversations – emergencies, medical procedures, legal situations
- Accurately repeat critical information from one person to another
- Remote Position – must reside in the US
We are looking for experienced candidates that have a mixture of the following:
- Interpretation experience
- Professional certification and training
- A two to four year degree in interpretation
- Higher education both in the United States and in programs taught in the other working language
- Experience in relevant areas other than interpretation (e.g. healthcare)
- As an Independent Contractor Interpreter, you will not be employee of CyraCom. Rather you will function as a vendor, providing language interpretation services on an IRS Form 1099 basis.
Date Posted: March 23, 2021