The Library Company of Philadelphia’s Program in African American History (PAAH), with the support of the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, is pleased to announce the Mellon Scholars Program of fellowships, internships, and workshop for 2022-2023. These competitive programs are designed to increase the participation of scholars from underrepresented backgrounds and others in the field of African American history prior to 1900.
Application deadline March 1, 2022, with a decision to be made by April 15.
The following research fellowships will be offered for 2022-2023:
- Post-doctoral fellowship, with a stipend of $50,000, is tenable from September 1, 2022 through May 31, 2023. Recent recipients of the Ph.D. as well as senior scholars may apply, but applicants must hold a Ph.D.
- Dissertation fellowship, with a stipend of $25,000, is tenable from September 1, 2022 through May 31, 2023. Applicants must be in the later stages of research or writing.
- Short-term fellowships, for doctoral candidates and senior scholars, with a stipend of $2,500 for one month of research between June 1, 2022 and May 31, 2023.
- The Mellon Scholars Internship Program is a four-week summer program in June 2022. Interns will be rising seniors or recent college graduates and will receive a $1,500 stipend and an allowance for room, board, and travel to and from Philadelphia.
- The Mellon Scholars Summer Workshop is a one-week professional development program (June 13 through June 17, 2022). Workshop participants will be recent college graduates or students in an MA program and will receive a small stipend to cover the cost of travel, room, and board.
For general information about the Library Company’s fellowship program, contact Christine Nelson, Fellowships Manager, at email@example.com
Application deadline: March 1, 2022
Date posted: 11/23/21