METROPOLITAN STATE UNIVERSITY is seeking to fill a full-time, probationary (tenure-track) assistant professor position with an emphasis in Black Studies within the Department of Ethnic and Religious Studies located in the College of Liberal Arts beginning August 2019.
• PhD in Ethnic Studies, African American Studies, American Studies, Gender and Women’s Studies, or other interdisciplinary fields including humanities or social science disciplines with an emphasis in Black/African American Studies, and/or extensive research, scholarship, and teaching in Black/African American Studies from an interdisciplinary liberal arts perspective
• Evidence of effective teaching at the college or university level, including demonstrated proficiency in teaching ethnic studies curriculum from a comparative perspective
• Communication skills (written & verbal) to communicate with a variety of persons and groups.
• Demonstrated ability to work in an institution with a culturally, economically and linguistically diverse workforce
• Fluency with intersectional and interdisciplinary approaches to ethnic studies teaching and scholarship
• Focus or specialty on Minnesota and/or the Upper Midwest region
• Demonstrated commitment to integrating teaching and scholarship with Black/African American community life and experience
• Experience in teaching online and hybrid courses
• Availability to teach evening courses
For more information about the position, department, and university, please see the position listing at https://www.metrostate.edu/
Application Deadline is 11:59 p.m., January 7th, 2019.