OPEN: 2020 African American Cultural Heritage Action Fund Grant Round
The National Trust is pleased to share news that we are now inviting organizations and government agencies to submit Letters of Intent for African American Cultural Heritage Action Fund grants, which range between $50,000 to $150,000. You can read more about this national grant program, funding categories, and schedule by clicking this link: Forum.SavingPlaces.org/aachactionfund.
There is a two-step process to receive an Action Fund grant. The first step is to submit the Letter of Intent by Wednesday, January 15, 2020 at 11:59 PM local time through our online grants portal. If the Letter of Intent is accepted, a full application will be requested of the applicant. Up to 22 grant awards will be announced in July 2020. Since January 2018, the National Trust and its partners have vetted 1,292 proposals, invited 104 full applications, and granted $2,737,500 to 38 organizations. Please share this announcement widely and help us reach more communities preserving African American cultural heritage nationally. For your reference, please find listed below sample social media posts that you can share to promote the 2020 grant round.
- Handle: @SavingPlaces
- Hashtag: #TellTheFullHistory
- Apply for African American Cultural Heritage Action Fund grants from @SavingPlaces Forum.SavingPlaces.org/aachactionfund #TellTheFullHistory
- Letters of Intent due Jan 15 for African American Cultural Heritage Action Fund grants Forum.SavingPlaces.org/aachactionfund #TellTheFullHistory @SavingPlaces
- Join the movement to elevate the stories & places representing the African American experience. Apply for grant funding Forum.SavingPlaces.org/aachactionfund #TellTheFullHistory @SavingPlaces
- The African American Cultural Heritage Action Fund grant program from the National Trust for Historic Preservation is designed to advance ongoing preservation activities for historic places such as sites, museums, and landscapes representing African American cultural heritage. Submit your Letter of Intent by Jan. 15. For full fund details, including the online form to submit your proposal, visit Forum.SavingPlaces.org/aachactionfund.
- If you or someone you know has a historic place such as a site, museum, or landscape representing African American cultural heritage, you’ll want to learn more about the National Trust for Historic Preservation’s African American Cultural Heritage Action Fund. From capital projects to organizational capacity building, there are many ways that you can put this funding to use within your community. Forum.SavingPlaces.org/aachactionfund.