Pathways Recent Graduate – Archeologist (Data Manager)
DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR
National Park Service
Resource Stewardship & Science, Cultural Resources
Open & closing dates: 04/30/2021 to 05/13/2021
Pay scale & grade: GS 11
Salary: $72,750 to $94,581 per year
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-time
Location: 1 vacancy in Washington, DC
Relocation expenses reimbursed: No
Telework eligible: Yes as determined by agency policy
This position is located in National Capital Area Office, Cultural Resources.
Recent Graduates may be converted to a permanent position (or, in some limited circumstances, a term appointment lasting 1-4 years), Interns may be eligible for non-competitive conversion to permanent employment, please click here for more information.
- Conducting archeological and historic preservation site inventories and reporting;
- Organizing GIS and related data for analysis in historic preservation and archaeology projects;
- Creating and designing GIS Geodatabase systems for integrated cultural resources data management;
- Experience in broader cultural resources fieldwork associated with cultural landscapes, historic architecture, cultural anthropology, and archaeology and how these fields interface in GIS;
- Experience with partner organizations, contractors, SHPO, and THPO offices for cultural resource project planning, data sharing, and related activities;
- Experience with NPS Cultural Resources Inventory System and how this relates to GIS work planning and data management.