Assistant Professor of History (American History) – School of Arts & Sciences
Consideration of applications begins immediately
- Teaching a 12 hour load per semester of onsite, and online, undergraduate courses;
- Advise and mentor students;
- Provide service to the College and actively participate in campus life on main campus in Peru, NE;
- Demonstrate active professional development and contribution to the academic discipline;
- Pursue continuous improvement of instructional practices;
- Implement student engagement practices in and outside the traditional learning space;
- Work effectively with a diverse student population, many of whom are first generation college students.
- PhD in History required;
- Research and teaching focus in American studies. While the area of concentration in American history is open, we are especially interested in candidates who have experience in women’s history, African-American history, labor history, socio-cultural history, or environmental history.
- Experience and/or interest in increasing student success and engagement, particularly of underrepresented students.
- Experience/interest in online instruction, preparing teacher candidates and integrating technology into courses strongly preferred.
- Additional graduate course work in other social science disciplines is preferred.
- This position subject to veterans preference.
An employment application is available on our website. Please use the ‘employment opportunities’ link. Submit the completed application plus letter of interest, curriculum vitae clearly showing education, work background and years of experience, statement of teaching philosophy, and academic transcripts (photocopies accepted).
STARTING DATE: August 17, 2017
SALARY: Nine month contract salary low to mid $50’s, depending upon qualifications. Opportunity for additional summer pay. Excellent benefits package.