Senior Manager will engage with and develop innovative and sustainable programming related to Woodrow Wilson’s complex legacy, both domestically and internationally, with a special focus on the race and gender equality aspects of Wilson’s administration and the Wilsons’ period in the house as a priority. For this reason, candidates are encouraged to apply who meet the qualifications for the position and who also have ties to, or experience in outreach to and engagement of, African American or other culturally diverse communities.
- At least 8 years of professional level experience, including experience with planning, budgeting, and implementing sustainable, interpretive and revenue-generating programs management in historic sites or a related field.
- Experience in programmatically engaging culturally diverse audiences, constituents and partners, including on sometimes controversial or provocative
- Experience or understanding of programming around African American stories and histories — especially in our priority areas of race and racism, and African American culture during and since Wilson’s presidency.
- Experience with identifying underrepresented areas of the collection and seeking ways to obtain these objects through accessioning or loans, as well as experience identifying and sharing new diverse stories and interpretations for objects already in the collection.
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing experiential programming that earns revenue, including experience in effective scheduling, promotion, and budget development and management. Entrepreneurial spirit and skill set a plus.
- Demonstrated success in building relationships with sponsors, underwriters, grantors, audiences, diverse stakeholders, and for-profit and nonprofit partners.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree in non-profit or business management, history, historic preservation, or equivalent from an accredited institution a plus.
- Some travel required.
Please email cover letter and resume to 676262-CSfirstname.lastname@example.org