This position is located in National Capital Parks East (NACE), in the Division of Visitor Services.
You will oversee day to day interpretive, educational, and community outreach programs and operations in Anacostia Park, manage the community gardens program at Fort Dupont, and coordinate with the Civil War Defenses of Washington (CWDW) staff in planning programming activities.
- Manage the education and interpretive program, visitor services program and park volunteer program of Kenilworth Park and Aquatic Gardens, Anacostia Park, Fort Dupont and other Civil War Defenses of Washington sites as administered by National Captial Parks-East.
- Supervise a staff of permanent and seasonal employees and perform full range of supervisory duties.
- Plan, direct, coordinate, implement and evaluate the effectiveness of Park interpretive programs.
- Serve as site special logistical coordinator responsible for the arrangement of all activities, i.e. National Park Week, Earth Day, and the Water Lily festival.
- Develop long range work plans, annual actions plans, implementation fo plans, resolution of problem situations and coordination of work programs with internal and external clients.
- Manage the education and interpretive program, visitor services program and park volunteer program.
- Administrate/Manage the division budget.
- Prepare written reports and oral presentations.
- Coordinate the development of park publications and exhibits.
- Responsible for day-to-day safety and health of all employees and volunteers.