National Parks Conservation Association (NPCA), a 100-years-old nonprofit advocacy organization, is looking for a Vice President of Conservation Programs to join our team. The Vice President of Conservation Programs (VP) is a key leader in developing and advancing NPCA’s program and policy goals to protect and enhance America’s national parks. A member of NPCA’s Executive team, the VP helps to determine the overall direction of the organization including developing a strong, diverse, and healthy organizational culture. This includes promoting and modeling NPCA’s core values and JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity, Inclusion) principles.
The VP works closely with VPs from regional programs, government affairs, legal and communications to set strategic direction to expand NPCA’s impact. The VP is responsible for leading the strategy and ensuring the implementation of NPCA’s conservation programs (includes priorities related to air, climate, energy and landscape conservation, water, wildlife, science, and sustainability). Along with other members of the Program VP team, the VP ensures alignment and integration of NPCA program and policy priorities.
The VP oversees a $3+ million budget, five director-level direct reports, and eight indirect reports. The Vice President will represent NPCA on various national park issues with the public, media, policy makers, donors, and partners.
Minimum Qualifications, Competencies, Skills, Education, and Traits:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required, with a minimum of ten (10) years in a leadership role, including at least eight (8) years of demonstrated success in leading and mentoring a team. Master’s or advanced degree preferred.
- A broad knowledge of major conservation issues, and a strong aptitude and proven ability to work effectively within the arena of conservation advocacy to achieve measurable results.
- Strong communicator in all settings who models our values. Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal, writing and organizational skills.
- Mature, established interpersonal skills and keen emotional intelligence.
- Proven ability to manage time exceptionally, coordinate multiple projects, handle details, and work effectively and independently.
- Demonstrated ability to craft, manage and work effectively in a team environment, to manage and meet deadlines, and to produce high quality work.
- Proven ability to build relationships and work with a wide diversity of people and organizations across political and interest boundaries.
- Results- and service-oriented team player.
- Must be comfortable working collaboratively on a daily basis as part of a closely- knit team of professional colleagues.
Please visit our website at www.npca.org for a full job description. To learn about our comprehensive benefits package, click: https://www.npca.org/
Qualified applicants please submit your resume and cover letter directly online to www.npca.org under “Careers”. No phone calls please. NPCA is an EOE.
To apply now, click on the link: http://www.npca.org/jobs
Application deadline: October 11, 2021
Date Posted: August 31, 2021