DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JUNE 19 FOR 2022 NETWORK TO FREEDOM GRANTS
The deadline for submitting grant proposals for this year’s grants has been extended to June 19, 2022 at 11:59 pm.
Previously submitted proposals do not need to be re-submitted.
2022 National Underground Railroad Network to Freedom Grants funded by the 400 Years of African American History Commission
Through the generosity of the 400 Years of African American History Commission, and in collaboration with the Association for the Study of African American Life and History (ASALH), the National Park Service National Underground Railroad Network to Freedom Program (NTF) is pleased to announce the availability of grant funds for 2022.
There are two categories of grants this year—
Grants to existing Network to Freedom sites, programs, or facilities for preservation, research, or interpretation
- $100,000 available for grants from $1,000 to $10,000
- Preference will be given to those listings that have not previously received Network to Freedom grants and to those with matching funds.
Grants for writing applications for new sites, programs, or facilities to become listed in the Network to Freedom
- $50,000 available for grants up to $5,000
- These grants are available to the public and do not have to be associated with an existing NTF member.
- Applications for listing in the Network to Freedom must be the outcome of the grant and they must be submitted within six months of the date of the award.