Shine a Spotlight on Preservation
Is there a person, organization, historic site, or project in your city or town that deserves the national spotlight? Have you seen transformation in your community because of preservation? We want to hear from you on how people and places are redefining preservation in your world.
The National Trust for Historic Preservation is now accepting nominations for the 2022 National Preservation Awards through February 17, 2022.
The National Preservation Awards, presented annually at the PastForward Conference, are bestowed on distinguished individuals, nonprofit organizations, public agencies and corporations whose skill and determination have given new meaning to their communities through preservation of our architectural and cultural heritage. These efforts include citizen attempts to save and maintain important landmarks; companies and craftsmen whose work restores the richness of the past; the vision of public officials who support preservation projects and legislation in their communities; and educators and journalists who help Americans understand the value of preservation.
Award categories include:
- Richard H. Driehaus Foundation National Preservation Awards: Celebrating the “best of the best” in preservation projects.
- The Louise du Pont Crowninshield Award: Honoring an individual for their contributions over time.
- American Express Aspire Award: Recognizing the achievements of an emerging professional.
- Trustee’s Award for Organizational Excellence: Awarding a nonprofit organization that demonstrates sustained achievement in historic preservation.
- National Trust/Advisory Council on Historic Preservation Award for Federal Partnerships in Historic Preservation: Honoring outstanding partnerships that advance the preservation of important historic resources and have an impact on the community.
- Trustees Emeritus Award for Historic Site Stewardship: Recognizing success and innovation at historic sites.