Attend one of the meetings with the nominating committee for details
Dear ASALH Member:
The Nominating Committee of The Association for the Study of African American Life and History (ASALH) seeks nominations for the Executive Council and for seats as follows: one Student seat, two Corporate seats, and five other seats.
We would like to invite persons with strong extended management and grant writing skills who can use technology to build spaces for serving our communities to consider joining the council. We particularly seek candidates who have a wide range of experience in financial planning and financial management at varying levels. Persons who have engaged in community work toward improving services and education opportunities over time for underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to seek nomination.
Nominations may be sent electronically to the Chair of the Nominating Committee at email@example.com and to the Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org under the heading Executive Council Nominations and must be received by April 15, 2022. The Executive Council and the Executive Officers set the policy direction for ASALH and are responsible for carrying out the mission of the organization and ensuring its fiscal soundness. Executive Officers and Executive Council members serve three-year terms.
Criteria for Executive Council Member Nominees:
▪ A member who has paid their annual 2022 membership dues and is in good financial standing. Nominees must also be prepared to become a life member and remain in good standing annually starting January 1 of each year of their term of service..
▪ A member who makes a personal contribution of at least $1300 a year ($300 to support the Black History Luncheon/Celebration, and an additional $1000 by the June meeting, in support of the Association’s annual fund).
▪ A member who has the time and the technical capacity to serve on the Executive Council. Service includes attending monthly and constitutionally mandated meetings as well as participating in assigned committee work.
▪ A member who can generate corporate and community partnerships to further the mission and the vision of ASALH.
▪ A technologically savvy member with a wide range of experience who can develop material for the Association’s programs and publications in a variety of formats to be shared with multiple audiences.
▪ A member who will be able to participate in orientation events in November 2022.
Interested members should submit a completed Nominations Form (below) or download a pdf here.
Thank you for your continued support of ASALH.
ASALH Nominating Committee February 2022